Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Rich Has Landed

If you've found your way to this blog, then you either have an interest in the game industry, games in general, audio for games... or (gasp!), are already a fan of my music.

First things first, a little bit about me and what I plan to talk about here. My name is Rich Douglas, I've worked as a composer and/or sound guy on games for the Xbox 360, the Nintendo DS, and PC. I've been a huge game fan since the days of the atari 2600 and still play Flashback: The Quest For Identity on my SNES at least once a year (more if time permits).

I know there are a TON of you out there who are curious about breaking into the game industry... the industry you'll love to work in and hate at times. Throughout my blog tirades I'll give some tips and tactics in regards to breaking into the game industry and staying competitive. Also, I'll talk about what projects I'm currently working on (be it personal or professional), as well as post you tube links to my music. So that said, take the title of this blog loosely, while I will be giving some advice for all who are interested... I'll also be taking pot shots at the industry as it can be a pretty squirrely place to work at times as well as discussing music in current and games of memories past. If it's game audio / music, it's all fair game here.

Let it be known, I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to game audio... nor have I worked on a ton of amazing games. But I do have 6 solid years of experience paired with 6 shipped titles under my belt so I do have some decent knowledge to share with those of you who are interested. Some of you might be above and beyond the advice I give here... but for those of you who have no clue where to start, this blog is for you!

Over the last year I've been trying to get more gigs, sending out hundreds of emails to game companies all around the world with some success.

This industry is overly competitive
This industry is craziness
This industry is war
This blog covers my trials and tribulations within the industry...

This is Rich VS The Game Industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment