Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

RGO #2 - Retro Gaming thats Out of This World

From now on, let it be known that when I post a link to retro game music that I've re-orchestrated and posted on youtube... the post will contain RGO (retro games orchestrated) in the title.

Out of this World for the Super Nintendo was another game that really truly grabbed my attention when I was younger. I loved this game for a slew of reasons:

-It was nicely animated
-Hugely atmospheric
-Felt like a movie
-You played a lab geek named Lester who kicks ass (slowly)
-The game completely lacked a HUD, which was unheard of at the time
-What little music there was, sounded pretty cool

Well, that was 19 years ago in 1991... wow, 19, really? Great, now I feel old. Anyhow, have you played the game recently? HOLY HELL IS IT HARD! Seriously, we've gotten so spoiled with infinite / definite saving in games that this game will kick your ass 10 times over before you get passed the second level.. and then make you do it all over again. Still, I would highly suggest those of you that haven't played this game.. check it out. It's pretty damn cool.

Without further delay, here's RGO #2, my suite of orchestrated music from Out of this World!

No comments:

Post a Comment