Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

RGO #3 - Epically Metroiding it Up

So to start with some news... I'm going to be scoring a Half Life 2 mod in my spare time called "The Rising". It's got some pretty cool multiplayer action that is being treated like single player goodness. I'm even scoring the thing like a single player title... it's an intere... I digress, More on this craziness soon.


"Epic" - word count widget started

Admittedly, this isn't going to be the most entertaining week on my blog.. I've got tons of stuff going on and am already pretty brain dead... damn, it's only Tuesday... right? Ugh! So I apologize in advance for not keeping you people completely enthralled with my lackluster writing this week. Moving on.

You know, I feel ashamed to say this... but Super Metroid is a game that I only recently checked out in it's entirety. Amazing stuff. Epic even. (BING, #1) The gameplay laid the groundwork for the free roaming mission structure we're all now so used to. On top of that, the music heard within the game is really AMAZING and will truly grab on to you and not let go. Great / catchy tunes indeed.... I would highly recommend any of you who have not played it... go and grab it off of the virtual console channel on your wii. Good stuff!

Brings me to another topic of sorts... there's tons of things musically you can learn from previous game composers. It always amazes me that no matter how simplistic older chiptunes may sound... they always seem to sound epic (BING, #2) when updated. Sometimes simple is a great thing. Epic even. (BING, #3)

Once again, I updated the music heard within the game in my own particular style and totally epicfied (BING, #4, close enough.. it counts) it to the max. The most updating was done not just on the Super Metroid march itself (heard over the menu) but the overly ambient music heard over the intro as well... which is now epic (BING, #5) Epic (BING, #6) EPIC! (BING, #7) Well, here it is, enjoy:

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14CCiAdSp8k



"Epic" - word count widget finished.........final epic count... 7

No comments:

Post a Comment